At TELUS, we recognize the value and advantages of diverse ideas and are committed to increasing the representation of women and visible minorities within key areas of our organization. We strive to provide a platform to support the next generation of leaders and champions in our business and are focused on growing diversity within technology fields.
|Diversity in Technology Scholarship
||For applicants entering the final year of a bachelor degree or a diploma program in the field of Technology
Scholarship Award – Successful applicants will receive:
- A $5000 Scholarship
- Special events access
- Consultation with a member of the recruitment team
Eligibility – The scholarships will be awarded to individuals who:
- Are entering their final year of a bachelor degree or diploma program in the field of Technology at a Canadian post-secondary institute.
- Can demonstrate perseverance, a passion for technology, and contribution towards the community
- Identify as female and /or a visible minority
- Canadian permanent residence
Student Application Requirements:
Attach the following documents:
- Transcripts from your last full year at school
- Reference Letter outlining your Community Involvement
- May 1, 2019 –July 31, 2019 (11:59 PM PST): Submissions open
- October 2019: Winners notified
- November 2019: Scholarship awards received
Canadian educational institutions which have provincial degree granting powers, or their affiliates (e.g. universities, university-transfer colleges).
Selection of scholarship winners
- Academic performance
- Volunteer/community involvement and/or extracurricular activities; Quality of the reference letters
- Video essay (YouTube)Shortlisted applicants will receive email with further instructions to complete
- Selection Committee’s decision is irrevocable
- Award recipients will be chosen in October and award payments are expected to be made towards the end of November.
Responsibilities of scholarship recipients
- Return the signed Scholarship Acceptance Form provided by the TELUS
- Send proof of registration from the educational institution you will be attending
- Use the scholarship in the academic year for which it is awarded
- TELUS will forward payment of the scholarship directly to the winners.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that payment of tuition fees is made within the defined time frame set by the educational institution regardless of the timing of the scholarship payment.
Application & supporting documents must be submitted no later than July 31, 2019.
TELUS retains the right to change and/or end the sponsorship of the scholarship plan without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I am currently completing my post-secondary program part-time, am I still eligible?
- Yes, part-time students are eligible if they are in entering the final year or semester of study in the fall.
- I am currently in the process of completing my last year of post-secondary studies and will be graduating in the spring, can I still apply?
- No, our scholarship is to fund the last year of studies, so you are no longer eligible. Students must be entering their final year of a degree or diploma program in the fall in order to apply, and confirmation of enrollment will be required before the funds are released.
- I am a Canadian citizen attending a post-secondary school outside of Canada, am I eligible for this scholarship?
- No, scholarship recipients must be a Canadian permanent resident or citizen attending a Canadian post-secondary institute.
- Why is the scholarship focused on women and minorities?
- TELUS values all forms of diversity and we have various ongoing programs and initiatives to ensure our team strongly represents the broad demographic and cultural make-up of our customers. However, we are dissatisfied with the current representation of women and visible minorities in our technology roles. The goal of our Diversity in Technology scholarship is to support students in their education and career objectives and highlight TELUS as an inclusive employer that honours individuality.