Mon Sheong Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2019
This year, Mon Sheong is selecting 2 recipients for the Golden Jubilee Scholarship. Each recipient will receive $1,000 per year for the duration of their studies, up to a maximum of 4 years (subject to renewal requirements). The award is open to all students who are:
- Graduating from a Canadian high school or CEGEP with a minimum average of 80% among their top 6 grade 12 or CEGEP marks;
- Enrolled full-time in a degree or diploma program at a recognized publicly funded Canadian university or college beginning Fall 2019; and
- Aspiring to make a difference in their communities.
To be eligible for the award, at least one of the applicant’s high school or postsecondary institution must be in Ontario. All applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
The application deadline is July 7, 2019. Award winners will be invited to attend a special presentation and networking event with current Golden Jubilee Scholarship recipients in August.
Our Awards Committee (made up of current or former professors) will evaluate and consider applicants for the scholarship based on their:
- Academic standing;
- Voluntary community involvement;
- Character; and
- Aspirations to make a difference
Applications will be submitted online. A completed application will include the followings:
- Personal Information
- Academic Information
- Expected/Enrolled Postsecondary School and Program of Study
- List of Community Involvement (Volunteer Experience, Extracurricular Activities, and Leadership Roles)
- Voluntary Community Involvement: This may include any volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, and leadership roles. As a charitable organization, we particularly value the impact of volunteerism and are interested in how you have taken the initiative to create change.
- Voluntary involvement will be reviewed based on the number of hours and the quality of participation.
- Short Essay
- In no more than 500 words, answer: How would you like to make a difference? What motivates you to create this change? And how do you plan on making this happen?
- This is where you can show us your individuality. We want to hear your story and what you have to offer. You will be evaluated based on your passion and persuasiveness, ability to communicate, and aspirations to make a difference.
- Relevant Final Report Cards
- This includes all final report cards with information about your top 6 grade 12 or CEGEP courses.
- Please enclose a reference letter (maximum of 2 pages) from someone who would be able to describe your attributes as a scholar, leader, and contributor to the community.
- Applicant’s Declaration and Signature
- Complete the Applicant’s Declaration and Signature page included in the information package.
The short essay (no more than 500 words) will answer: How would you like to make a difference in your community? What motivates you to create this change? And how do you plan on making this happen?