The Beedie Luminaries Scholarship Program aims to give promising BC students the opportunity to advance their education, achieve their dreams and inspire others.
The program will support resilient students facing financial adversity who have the academic readiness and desire to create positive change in their lives. Scholarship recipients will join a strong, diverse, well-connected support network of Beedie Luminaries students and program alumni as well as community leaders and mentors.
In its 2020 program year, the Beedie Luminaries Foundation will support 105 scholarships for the following:
- $10,000 CAD for a bachelor degree program, tenable for up to four consecutive years or until the first bachelor degree is obtained; OR
- $7,500 CAD for a diploma or a trades program, tenable for up to two consecutive years or until the first diploma is achieved, or first trades program is completed.
The Beedie Luminaries Foundation plans to establish a network for Beedie Luminaries scholars and future alumni of the program. The Beedie Luminaries network will offer student events and support, including:
- Invitations to Beedie Luminaries events;
- Invitations to join Beedie Luminaries on-line community group;
- “Stay on Track” student support;
- Access to mentors; and
- Paid summer internship opportunities.
An eligible 2019/20 applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident for at least three years;
- Be a resident of British Columbia;
- Be in their final year of high school, entering into full-time studies in a first bachelor degree, first diploma, or first trades program at one of the eligible public post-secondary institutions listed below*;
- Be ineligible for the BC Tuition Waiver Program (for former youth in care);
- Have a minimum cumulative average of 75% (or equivalent) for grade 11 and available grade 12 marks based on Universities Canada’s Calculation of Average Policy**; and
- Have faced financial adversity.
We’re looking for promising candidates.