To recognize the scholastic achievement of PVMA member dependants and, to foster
further academic growth for students in need of financial aid at an approved post
APPLICATION TO PVMA OBJECTIVES:
By supporting the academic development of membership dependants in need of financial aid,
the PVMA furthers its commitment to “foster education about all facets of vegetation
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a second semester at a Canadian post secondary
institution which is a member of Universities Canada or, a Canadian college, institute
of applied arts and technology or similar institution.
2. Applicants must be dependent children of named PVMA members who have been
members (in good standing) for one year and are still members upon the
commencement of the academic year.
1. Annually, the PVMA Board of Directors may establish funding available for the
PVMA Members Bursary.
2. A maximum of $500.00 per accepted applicant may be awarded annually for
financial support towards the applicant’s selected post secondary field of study.
3. Priority will be given to applicants who have not yet been awarded the PVMA
Members Bursary. An applicant may be awarded the award a second time based on
the availability of funds, financial need and number of applications received.
1. Eligible applicants shall submit a request for financial support to the PVMA prior to
October 31 of a given year for consideration. PVMA Members Bursary applications
are available from the PVMA website (www.pvma.ca).
2. Proof of enrollment in a post secondary institution must be submitted with the
3. All applications shall be reviewed by the PVMA Awards Committee for
recommendation to the PVMA Board of Directors.
4. The PVMA Board of Directors shall have sole discretion in the final selection and
award of the PVMA Members Bursary.
PLEASE NOTE: The selected winner of the PVMA Bursary will be featured in a publication of the
Vegetation Manager magazine as well as on the PVMA website. This publication will include a
picture and a small write up. The winner will be required to sign a waiver of approval upon
acceptance of the Bursary.